I will support month to month rentals for local families, more workforce housing, and actively help fill city job vacancies.
- The City and County of Honolulu had an average net loss of 3,365 people per year from July 1, 2010, to July 1, 2019 period.
- In Honolulu, area prices were up 1.9% from a year ago. The largest increases were found in Transportation, Food, and Housing.
- The cost of Living in Honolulu, HI is 58.8% higher than the national average.
- Local residents should be allowed to rent to other local residents for 30 days in accordance with the landlord-tenant code.
- “Affordable Housing” is not affordable for working families. We need more workforce housing to help local families stay in Hawaii.
- There are 3,079 vacant positions in the city and we need to get local families into these jobs to provide for their families.